Spirit to the rescue

This photo of the magic dresser is a character in the story I'll be telling Saturday...you'll have to be there to know how it fits into a pivotal moment.

"Spirit to the rescue" is a magical tale about how I tuned into spirit last year on the playa when my bicycle was stolen. Spirit kept giving me everything I wanted -- from toilet paper, to a snowcone when I was thirsty, to a hat...to a new bicycle. It's a story that embodies what it's like to tune into the needs of others -- an experience that seems to happen to a lot of people spontaneously when they start to synchronize and tune into each other's frequencies in the inexplicable way that seems to happen when we're out there.

I'm storytelling onstage this weekend at Flambe Lounge. It's exciting to participate in the revival of oral storytelling and spoken word as an alternative to passive spoon-fed media. The oral and digital storytelling movement is blossoming (You Tube is just one example of the new "WE-dia" created by the people, for the people). The Burning Man arts community is becoming a hub for a new younger generation of storytellers exploring ways to revive this most primal art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment